Call for Pre-Qualified Enumerators
|Gargaar Relief and Development Organization (GREDO)
|Baidoa, Berdale, Buurhakaba, Diinsoor, Qansah Dhere in Bay region. Hudur, Yeed, Elberde, Waajid in Bakool Region. Barawe, Marka, Qoryooley and Wanlawayn in Lower Shebelle Region. Bardhere and Luuq in Gedo. Mogadishu, and the rest of the South Central Somalia.
|07 March 2023
|17 March 2023
GREDO is an indigenous local NGO. Non-profit non-partial, non- political and voluntary organization based in Baidoa. To reach the most affected grass-root communities in Bay, Bakool, lower Shebelle and Gedo regions effectively and efficiently, the necessity of local partnership in relief program appeared. Responding to the partnership need, a group of Somali intellectuals and well-wishers initiated in December 1992 a local non-governmental organization called Gargaar Relief and Development Organization (GREDO) the organization has implemented during these period different projects including relief and emergency programs and later improved into rehabilitation and developmental programs.
GREDO is recruiting pre-qualified enumerators across the districts it works (Baidoa, Berdale, Buurhakaba and Diinsoor, Qansah Dhere in Bay region. Hudur, Wajid, Yeed, Elberde in Bakool region. Barawe, Marka, Qoryooley and Wanlawayn in Lower Shebelle Region. Bardhere and Luuq in Gedo Region and Mogadishu, and the rest of the South Central Somalia) who will help Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEAL) department in primary data collection and registration of beneficiaries for new projects across GREDO programs. The selection criteria of the enumerators/data collectors will be the guided by prior experience in the field of data collection/registration.
Purpose: The main purpose is to pre-qualify enumerators for the MEAL of GREDO programme. The enumerators will participate in assessments carried out by the organization in Somalia. S/he will carry out data collection activities for assessments and surveys including: Baseline survey, KAP, PDM, Mid-term evaluations and End line surveys, as well as data entry activities and any other duties assigned by the MEAL Team.
Requirements and Responsibilities
Under the guide of the MEAL focal person, enumerators/data collectors would be responsible for:
- Attend all the required and relevant training sessions and brings prior to fieldwork
- Ensure the confidentiality of collected data and data storage are maintained
- Ensure effective field data collection in line with the methodology, tools and specific guidelines set as required
- Accurately collect high quality and reliable data as instructed
- Ensure to upload all collected data through phone devices on to the assigned platform/server on time
- Support conduction of Household surveys, Focus Group Discussion (FGDs) and Key Informant Interviews (KIIs); translate them into English/Somali as required.
- Support data entry of beneficiary registrations through Kobo collect/open data kit
- Visit selected project target communities and conduct Key Informant Interviews (KII) with selected individuals (government, village head, committees etc.)
- Coordinate with GREDO MEAL focal person or concerned program teams on daily work and problems encountered in the field
Skills and Qualifications
- Diploma in social science or research
- Have deep experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection
- Experience in mobile data collection such as Kobo collect and open data kit
- Understand the working style of GREDO
- Fluency in English and Somali
- Willing to travel across areas of collect data
- Ability to work under pressure and have strong prioritization experience to meet the deadlines
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the field of data collection with national and international organizations
Core Values and Critical Competences.
Respect Integrity Transparency & Accountability
Commitment Excellence Diversity
Initiating Action Facilitating Change Team Mobilization
Stress Tolerance Collaboration Coaching and Mentoring
Adaptability Negotiation Conflict Management
Child Protection and safeguarding
The responsibilities of the post will require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and Gredo as an organization has a dignity of protecting and safeguarding children by giving awareness, protection reporting and taking actions.
All applicants should drop a letter of application and updated CV (including 3 referees) to email@example.com and indicate the position and location applied for in the subject.
Timeline of the data collectors will be two years.
The deadline for application is 17 March 2023
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: Please provide 3 professional referees e.g. Institution of learning, Previous and current supervisors at workplace.
NB: Please indicate the position and location applied for in the subject.
GREDO is an equal opportunities employer